What are the functions of the metabolic system?
- Storage-converting certain molecules as an energy source for various cellular processes
- Transforming certain molecules as a component of biomolecules (e.g. carbohydrates, proteins, lipids, and nucleic acids)
- Eliminating byproducts such as nitrogenous wastes.
Metabolism: Converting food into energy
Even at rest, a body needs energy for all it does. This includes breathing, sending blood through the body, keeping hormone levels even, and growing and repairing cells. The number of calories a body at rest uses to do these things is known as basal metabolic rate, also called basal metabolism.
Muscle mass is the main factor in basal metabolic rate. Basal metabolic rate also depends on:
- Body size and composition. People who are larger or have more muscle burn more calories, even at rest.
- Age. With aging, people tend to lose muscle. More of the body’s weight is from fat, which slows calorie burning.
- Food Intake. Those who have diets higher in protein, maintain higher muscle mass. Vital roles performed by proteins are:
Metabolism and weight
Many things affect weight gain. These likely include genes, hormones, diet and lifestyle, including sleep, physical activity and stress. Some people seem to lose weight more quickly and more easily than others. But everyone loses weight by burning more calories than are eaten. The bottom line is calories count. To lose weight, you need to eat fewer calories or burn more calories through physical activity. Or you can do both.
To burn more calories, the Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans recommends the following:
- Aerobic activity. As a general goal, aim for at least 30 minutes of moderate physical activity every day. If you want to lose weight, maintain weight loss or meet specific fitness goals, you may need to exercise more.Moderate aerobic exercise includes activities such as brisk walking, biking, swimming and mowing the lawn. Vigorous aerobic exercise includes activities such as running, heavy yardwork and aerobic dancing.
- Strength training. Do strength training exercises for all major muscle groups at least two times a week. Strength training can include use of weight machines, your own body weight, heavy bags, resistance tubing or resistance paddles in the water or free-weight exercises.
- Marine Collagen
- Liposomal Vitamin C
- Sea Buckthorn Fruit Extract
- NMN Enriched Yeast
- Red Orange Fruit Extract
- Hyaluronic Acid
- Grapefruit Essential Oil
- Lemon Essential Oil
- Peppermint Essential Oil
- Ginger Essential Oil
Collagen is the most abundant protein in the body and performs important roles across its 28 different types. MetaPWR Advantage includes nine types of collagen:
- Collagen type I is related to skin beauty.
- Collagen type II is related to bone protection and is the main component of cartilage.
- Collagen type IV is the main protein of the basement membrane, connecting the dermis and the epidermis and forming a network structure to make the basement membrane malleable.
- Collagen type V is related to the regular arrangement of collagen fibers, stabilizing the structures of type I and type II collagen.
- Collagen type VI maintains mechanical function in the cell, supporting both muscle function and cell membrane integrity. Additionally, this collagen type inhibits oxidative damage and apoptosis.
- Collagen type IX is an important component of cartilage and is mainly distributed in the cartilage cells of growth plates, joints, and intervertebral discs.
- Collagen type XXV inhibits the fibrillation of amyloid beta peptide.
- Col1a2 protein is collagen fibrillin.
- Vacuolar protein sorting 37A is involved in cell growth and differentiation.
doTERRA MetaPWR® collagen is sourced from sustainably harvested cold-water marine fish and has been hydrolyzed (predigested) by endopeptidases and exopeptidases. These enzymes create small tripeptide fragments of three amino acid sequences for optimal absorption. Other collagens in the market—whether from land animals or marine sources—typically contain tripeptide content of 15–35%. MetaPWR Advantage collagen contains more than 70% tripeptide fragments for superior absorption (in some cases, up to 12 times more absorbable).
- Includes vitamin C, which promotes collagen biosynthesis.
- Contains ingredients that promote a healthy circulatory system, nervous system, and mitochondria.
- Supports the healthy bone function.
- Includes NADH and additional ingredients that help maintain healthy mental and physical function and performance.
- Contains NMN and resveratrol, which preclinical research has shown to increase amounts of NAD+ and NADH in the body.
In supporting a healthy a healthy metabolism, preclinical studies suggest DNJ may help regulate and stabilize postprandial (post meal) blood glucose levels, reduce the absorption of carbohydrates and sugar, and contribute to healthy fat metabolism. Developed with doTERRA clinical researchers, this blend uses a superior process to maximize the active component in mulberry leaf extract: 1-deoxynojirimycin (DNJ).
MetaPWR Assist serves as a powerful addition to a daily metabolic health regimen when taken daily before the largest meal of the day. Each capsule contains standardized mulberry leaf extract, berberine, cinnamon bark powder, and the proprietary MetaPWR Metabolic Blend.
MetaPWR Assist—part of the MetaPWR Metabolic System—supports healthy lifestyle regimens focused on increased energy and vitality, metabolic health, and weight management to add health to your lifespan.
- No GMOs
- No dairy
- No soy
- No gluten
- No preservatives
- No artificial sweeteners or flavors
Lastly, appetite suppression may help in maximizing your metabolism, and caloric intake. MetaPWR Metabolic Blend is a proprietary balanced ratio of CPTG® Grapefruit, Lemon, Peppermint, Ginger, and Cinnamon Bark essential oils. The MetaPWR essential oil blend can serve as an important part of a daily healthy metabolic regimen when used internally.
An unpublished preclinical study suggests the Metabolic Blend may target and reduce adipose fat cells when ingested, but more confirming clinical research is needed. Limonene, a prominent chemical component in MetaPWR, may support a healthy metabolism when ingested. Consuming Peppermint essential oil, a MetaPWR ingredient, has been shown to decrease appetite and enhance exercise performance. The citrusy, spicy, and minty aroma of MetaPWR also promotes a stimulating, uplifting environment.
Complimentary Product: Mito2Max Capsules
Mito2Max is a proprietary formula of standardized plant extracts and metabolic cofactors that aid in healthy cellular energy production.* Mito2Max supports optimal mitochondrial function, aerobic capacity, and stamina naturally without harmful stimulants.* Use the supplement as a healthy, long-term alternative to caffeinated drinks and supplements for increased energy and vitality.